Technics Announces the SU-GX70 Network Audio Amplifier
The network streamer category continues to expand with new models from Cambridge Audio, NAD, Primare and Denon in the first quarter of 2023.
Technics has introduced a new entry in this category with its SU-GX70 Network Streaming Amplifier. Just connect to the internet and good speakers (or headphones) and you’re good to go.
Briefly about the SU-GX70
The SU-GX70 combines streaming and network audio playback with a built-in two-channel amplifier.
The SU-GX70 includes the Google Chromecast platform, which provides access to streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, Qobuz and Amazon Music. The SU-GX70 also supports internet radio and FM radio.
Tip: MQA is also supported
Wireless connectivity includes Wi-Fi, Airplay2 and Bluetooth.
For physical sources, there are 2 analog line inputs and 3 digital inputs, as well as USB-A and USB-B support.
Tip: You can also connect a turntable with an MM (moving magnet) cartridge through the dedicated phono input.
Another important connectivity option included with the SU-GX70 is HDMI-ARC. This makes it easy to integrate the TV into your home Hi-Fi system for the best sound experience without the hassle of a multi-channel system.
Also read: Dirac, StormAudio & Perlisten Are Bringing A 11.7.6 Channel Home Theater System To High-End Munich 2023
digital amplification: Two-channel digital amplifier with support Technics JENO Engine (Jitter Elimination and Noise Shaping Optimization) provides smooth sound output.
Dual Power Scheme: This helps provide a high signal-to-noise ratio for excellent detailed sound. The Clean Power Clock Generator technology, derived from Technics reference-class components, provides the most stable clock for high-precision digital signal processing.
Perfect impulse response thanks to LAPC (Adaptive Phase Load Calibration): This function consists of a speaker impedance optimization algorithm using digital signal processing. LAPC generates a test signal that is sent to the speakers. The quality of the signal reproduction is analyzed by measuring the behavior of the amplitude and phase, and based on this, an optimization algorithm is derived. The algorithm equalizes the amplitude and phase response to get the most out of your speakers. This results in a more focused, spacious and clear sound.
Pure Gain Mode: When this option is enabled, it cuts off the power supply to the network and the HDMI circuits remove any interference from the device or antenna. This provides even clearer playback of music from directly connected analog sources.
space melody: This allows you to adjust the sound space according to the room conditions and installation location to optimize performance. Using the Technics Audio Center app for iOS and Android, or choosing from four presets (Free, Wall, Corner, In a Shelf), the user can achieve the most suitable sound quality for a particular acoustic environment.
L/R Custom: This feature allows the user to independently enter settings for the left and right speakers when the speakers are installed in different installation conditions. This ensures the best sound reproduction in any installation environment.
- Output power (FTC rating):
- 30W + 30W (1kHz, 1.0% THD, 8 ohm, 20kHz with LPF)
- 60W + 60W (1kHz, 1.0% THD, 4Ω, 20kHz with LPF)
- Load resistance: 4 to 16 ohms
- frequency response:
- Phono stage (MM): 20 Hz – 20 kHz (RIAA deviation ± 1 dB, 4 ohms)
- Line: 20 Hz – 40 kHz (-3 dB, 4 ohms)
- Digital: 20Hz – 80kHz (-3dB, ohm)
- Input Sensitivity/Input Impedance:
- Phono (MM): 2.0 mV / 47 kΩ)
- Line: 200 mV / 23 kΩ)
- Analog inputs:
- Digital inputs:
- Digital optical x2
- Digital coaxial x1
- USB-A x1
- USB-B x1
- Analog Output: Pre-out x1
- Digital output: HDMI-ARC
- Headphone output: Stereo 6.3 mm (¼”)
- Support for digital audio file format: PCM/LPCM (up to 384kHz.32bit), MP3, FLAC, AIFF, AAC, WAV, ALAC and DSD (2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 11.2MHz)
- DSD control mode: Native ASIO mode, DoP mode
- USB specifications: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 / USB Audio Class 2.0, Asynchronous
- Network connection: Ethernet/LAN (100BASE-TX/10BASE-T) – built-in WiFi
- Streaming platform support:
- Built-in Chromecast:
- Airplay 2
- Support for Bluetooth® codecs: AAS, SBC
- MQA decoder: Yes
- radio tuner: FM
- Power supply: 120 V AC, 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 63W
- Included accessories:
- AC cord
- Indoor FM antenna
- Remote control with batteries
- Instructions for use
- Dimensions (WHD): 16-15/16 x 3-55/64 x 14-31/64 inches
- Weight: Approx. 14.6 pounds
Availability and prices
The SU-GX70 features a minimalist design with a 7mm thick aluminum front panel in silver and black. It will be available at authorized Technics retailers from July 2023 at a price of 1999 USD.