Marantz’s CINEMA 40 and 50 AVRs Shimmer in a Luxurious Silver Gold Finish
In September 2022, we announced the release of the Marantz CINEMA series receivers, which includes the 40 and 50 AVR models.
Worldwide, CINEMA 40 and 50 were available in black or silver gold finishes, but in the US and Canada they were only available in black finishes.
However, Marantz announced that Silver Gold finish now available for Marantz CINEMA 40 and 50 AVR in the US and Canada. The new color will be available exclusively on Marantz.com, providing customers with a unique and stylish choice for their home theater systems.
The new silver and gold finish provides a luxurious and sophisticated look that can complement individual style and decor.
However, these receivers offer much more than just black or silver/gold plating.
Also read: Technics Announces the SU-GX70 Network Audio Amplifier
General functions of Marantz CINEMA 40 and 50
- Amplifier type: Class A/B.
- Reinforced channels: 9
- Preouts: eleven
- Subwoofer outputs: 4
- Surround sound support: Most surround sound formats including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro 3D, IMAX Enhanced and Sony 360 Reality Audio.
- HDR support: HDR10/10+, Dolby Vision, HLG and Dynamic HDR pass-through
- HDMI 2.1: Enables support for HDMI-eARC and gaming (4K/120Hz, 8K/60Hz, VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT).
- High-Resolution Audio: Support 24bit/192kHz audio playback. Support for digital audio formats includes MP3, WMA, WAV, MPEG-4/AAC, FLAC and ALAC.
- HEOS: Multi-room wireless streaming
- Wireless music streaming: Amazon HD, Spotify Connect, Pandora and more… Verified by Roon.
- Wireless connection: Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, Wi-Fi (Wired Ethernet also included if needed).
- Voice control: Alexa Built-in, Google Assistant
- Smartphone app: iOS, Android
- Built-in Audyssey Room Correction (one or more of the following options): MultEQ, MulitEQ XT32, Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume
- Dirac Live Room Correction: This option is also available for Marantz CINEMA 40 and CINEMA 50. A Mini DSP UMIK-1 or Umik-2 microphone is recommended for use with Dirac Live (Audyssey Mic will not work with Dirac).
Tip: Audyssey Room Correction remains an option even if Dirac Live is installed. You simply cannot use both systems at the same time.
Only differences Marantz CINEMA 40 and 50
Tip: Cinema 40 is Marantz’s flagship AVR, while CINEMA 50 is a direct downgrade model.
|Model Marantz AVR||KINO 40||KINO 50|
|output power||125W on PC||110W on PC|
|THD (Total harmonic distortion) 2 channels||0.05%||0.08%|
|HDMI connections||7 inputs / 3 outputs||6 inputs / 3 outputs|
|Component video||1 in/0 out||Nobody|
|Composite video||2 in/0 out||Nobody|
|Analog to HDMI conversion||Yes||No|
|Zone Preamp Analog Outputs||Zone 2/Zone 3||Zone 2|
|Remote control||Multi brand||only Marants|
|Width||17.38 inches||17.38 inches|
|Height||7.44 inches||6.5 inches|
|Depth||17.19 inches||15.69 inches|
|Weight||33.19 pounds||29.8 lbs|